Journal of Trauma Nursing
The Journal of Trauma Nursing is the only peer reviewed journal dedicated to trauma nursing. It is the official publication of the Society of Trauma Nursing.
There will be six Issues of JTN in 2014!
Charitable Giving for Disaster Relief in the Phillipines
We are all concerned about the devastation caused by the typhoon that recently struck the Philippines and the even more recent tornado damage in Illinois. As trauma nurses, it is our mission and responsibility to lend whatever support we can in these disaster situations. There are many reputable organizations that are collecting funds and supplies that can be used to help with the current crisis. We encourage all interested STN members to make direct contributions to a relief organization of their choice but suggest caution and prudence in selecting a reputable organization.
The following organizations have a known track record of using funds effectively in their disaster response:
- The American Red Cross http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations
- Catholic Relief Services http://crs.org/
- MercyCorp http://www.mercycorps.org/
- International Rescue Committee http://www.rescue.org/
- Save the Children http://secure.savethechildren.org
- UNICEF http://www.unicef.org/
- World Food Program https://www.wfp.org/donate/fillthecup