Journal of Trauma Nursing
The Journal of Trauma Nursing is the only peer reviewed journal dedicated to trauma nursing. It is the official publication of the Society of Trauma Nursing.
There will be six Issues of JTN in 2014!
Joining and Benefits
STN's membership represents the leadership of trauma nursing around the world. Members are nurse leaders involved in trauma care in clinical, administrative, research and educational roles.Membership Flyer
You can join or renew on-line or download a complete benefits of membership brochure.
Benefits of being a member of the Society of Trauma Nurses include:
- A subscription to STN's quarterly journal, the Journal of Trauma Nursing (JTN).
- An expanded Annual Conference, and with your STN membership you save money with a lower registration fee.
- Representation in key trauma organizations such as EAST and ACS.
- Exposure to programs developed specifically for the field. STN continues to be recognized as THE source for strong trauma educational programs in trauma nursing with courses such as ATCN (Advanced Trauma Care of Nurses) as well as TOPIC (Trauma Outcomes and Performance Improvement Course).
- Access to the STN Listserv as well as opportunities to participate in Special Interest Groups and gain skills by serving in leadership roles at the state and regional levels.
- Special Interest Groups include APN, Injury Prevention, Legislative and Public Affairs, Military, Neuro trauma, Pediatric, Rural Trauma and the General List Serve.
- The Society of Trauma Nurses ListServ community is designed to facilitate group discussion and peer collaboration. Member from across the country ask questions to the members regarding issues or topics in trauma or issues within their trauma center and this is followed by help/suggestions from other members. The list serv is very active and there are multiple posts weekly.
- Once you have registered for a particular ListServ, you may begin posting questions and share information with other STN members.
- A subscription to STN’s E-Newsletter, published monthly.
As an added benefit to our members, the following areas are available to those members who have logged in. Please use the login panel on the top to login and access these restricted areas.
- Journal of Trauma Nursing: JTN is the official journal of the Society of Trauma Nurses. JTN's mission is to provide original articles and information that reflect the practice of trauma nursing in the areas of clinical practice, education, health policy and administration and research. Members receive a quarterly subscription to the journal as well as online access to the entire journal content, the ability to print articles and search archives.
- Trauma Nursing Listserv: The Trauma Nurses listserv is a benefit of membership in the Society. The topics on past listserv communications are archived.
- STN News: The Society is involved in many programs and initiatives. This on-line newsletter keeps the membership informed of the Society's activities.
- Membership Resources & General Information: The Society is dedicated to ensuring members and volunteers have the ability to access resources that allow them to be involved in the organization and aware of current and upcoming programs and projects. Various documents are available for review and download throughout the web site. If you are in need of a file or resource that is not available, please contact Headquarters.
- Membership Directory: The Society offers a searchable Membership Directory.
- Leadership Development: The Society offers a variety of volunteer opportunities designed to foster development of leadership skills. Learn more about how you can Get in Gear and Get Involved!