Annemarie Glazer, BSN, MBA, RN, , NHDP-BC, TCRNChair
Katherine Bendickson, RN, BSNCo-Chair
The purpose of the STN Geriatric Committee is to identify, develop, and promote best practices in geriatric trauma nursing care. The Committee will seek opportunities to collaborate to ensure optimal and equitable trauma care for older adults throughout the continuum of care and throughout the world.
Applications due by September 26, 2022.
- Develop the STN Geriatric Committee agenda, goals, and objectives with direction and approval from the STN Board of Directors.
- Seek out and promote opportunities for geriatric trauma nursing projects and opportunities for nurse input and participation, globally.
- Develop, review, and revise clinical guidelines and best practices related to geriatric trauma nursing on behalf of STN and its members.
- Plan, develop, and oversee STN-sponsored clinical education and training related to trauma nursing care for older adults.
- Collaborate with other STN committees and other interdisciplinary organizations as needed to plan and execute deliverables that advance geriatric trauma nursing care.
- Analyze, prepare, and disseminate information related to trauma nursing care for older adults to other STN committees and STN members for the purpose of advancing STN’s mission and member-driven initiatives.
- Provide reports and recommendations to the STN Board of Directors quarterly and as requested.
- Participate in virtual monthly committee teleconferences and perform other tasks as assigned by the STN Board of Directors.
Appointment and Term of Service
- STN Geriatric Committee members will be appointed to serve for two years with the opportunity for reappointment to a second two-year term.
Requirements to Serve
Service is open to Active or Associate STN members in good standing, who meet the following criteria:
- Desire to invest time, talent, and energy to advance committee objectives to promote optimal and equitable trauma care for older adults across the continuum of care and across the globe.
- Availability for a one-hour monthly teleconference and the ability to allocate up to an additional three (3) hours each month to complete assigned volunteer tasks.
- Volunteer interest form
- CV or biosketch