STN's membership represents the leadership of trauma nursing around the world. Members are nurse leaders involved in trauma care in clinical, administrative, research and educational roles.
- Regular Membership – licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse; voting membership
- Associate Membership – not licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse; non-voting membership
- International Membership
- A subscription to STN's bi-monthly journal, the Journal of Trauma Nursing (JTN). Note: $40.00 of each member’s annual dues shall be for a year’s subscription to the Journal of Trauma Nursing.
- An expanded Annual Conference, and with your STN membership you save money with a lower registration fee.
- Representation in key trauma organizations such as EAST and ACS.
- Exposure to programs developed specifically for the field. STN continues to be recognized as THE source for strong trauma educational programs in trauma nursing with courses such as ATCN (Advanced Trauma Care of Nurses) as well as TOPIC (Trauma Outcomes and Performance Improvement Course).
- Access to the STN Online Community
- Access to the STN's Mentor Match website, for members seeking advice and guidance from more seasoned peers
- Opportunities to participate in Special Interest Groups and gain skills by serving in leadership roles at the state and regional levels.
- Special Interest Groups include APN, Injury Prevention, Pediatric, Geriatric Trauma.
- The Society of Trauma Nurses Online Community is designed to facilitate group discussion and peer collaboration. Member from across the country ask questions to members regarding issues or topics in trauma or issues within their trauma center and this is followed by help/suggestions from other members. The community is very active and there are multiple posts weekly.
- A subscription to STN’s E-Newsletter, published monthly.
Journal of Trauma Nursing
The Journal of Trauma Nursing is the only peer reviewed journal dedicated to trauma nursing. It is the official publication of the Society of Trauma Nurses. Members receive a bi-monthly subscription to the journal as well as online access to the entire journal content, the ability to print articles and search archives. JTN is released six times a year - four printed issues are mailed to subscribers, and two issues are distributed as online editions.
Continuing Education: Selected articles from JTN and other publications have been recognized for their importance in providing continuing trauma education for nurses. For these articles there are Continuing Education tests which may be taken for credit. Click here for more information.
Have a question about trauma nursing that you need answered? STN members can crowd source their issues with the STN Online Community!
An active community
Take advantage of this great resource - post your questions, help a colleague, or search the archives. Join STN today!