The nurse participants audit the ATLS lectures. During the ATLS skill and testing stations, the nurses are separated from the physician group and directed through ATCN skill stations. ATCN Skill stations include:
The Skill Stations are based on an interactive "hands-on: scenario-based approach" to adult education. The practical testing stations allow the ATCN students to demonstrate the application of ATLS and ATCN information on a moulaged patient. Participants receive both a ATCN manual and an ATLS manual.Student Course
Society of Trauma Nurses is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. The ATCN Student Course has been awarded 17.5 contact hours.
Society of Trauma Nurses is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. The ATCN Faculty Course has been awarded 16.75 contact hours.
Student Update Course
Society of Trauma Nurses is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. The ATCN Student Update Course has been awarded 7.25 contact hours.
ATCN and STN do not certify or credential nurses.
The ATCN Executive Committee appoints ATCN Regional Directors for each region. The Regional Directors must have extensive knowledge and experience with the ATCN program, policies and procedures and course content and be an ATCN Course Director and each director will have a current nursing license. Responsibilities of the ATCN Regional Directors include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with establishing new course sites / inaugural ATCN Courses
- Serving as National and International ATCN Faculty
- Assisting with ATCN Faculty Courses
- Participating in mentoring programs for new ATCN Faculty
- Ensuring quality and consistency within the ATCN Program by assuring the ATCN PI program is being adhered to.
- Ensuring the utmost respect for and ability to work with differing and diverse cultures/countries
- Ensuring that all ATCN Policies and Procedures are adhered to and that course integrity, continuity and consistency are maintained
- Communicating the approval of new or revised policies and procedures and forms to Directors and Coordinators in their region
- Carrying out duties as assigned by the ATCN Chair, and the ATCN Executive Committee
- Providing oversight to their respective regions
- Providing an annual report to the ATCN Executive Committee
- This is a 3 year appointment with a 6 year term limit.
New Institution and Course Site Instructions
If you are interested in conducting ATCN courses at your facility, please review the ATCN Start up Paperwork Packet. After reviewing the information, please contact the ATCN Chair, Carrie Chismarich, MA, BSN, RN, TNS, TCRN for US Courses and for courses outside the US, please contact Michael Glenn, RN.
Course Documents and General Information
- Live Video Conference Course Information and Documents
- ATCN Start up Paperwork Packet
- ATCN Information Flier
- ATCN Policies and Procedures Manual
- ATCN P&P Clarification Document
- Conflict of interest form
- ATCN Fund Application
Questions / Problems?
If you have any difficulties accessing or downloading the information please contact ATCN at 859-977-7456.