If you are interested in conducting ATCN courses at your facility, please review the ATCN Start Up Paperwork Packet. After reviewing the information, please contact the ATCN Chair,
Course Documents and General Information
- Live Video Conference Course Information and Documents
- ATCN Start up Paperwork Packet
- ATCN Information Flier
- ATCN Policies and Procedures Manual
- Conflict of interest form
- ATCN Fund Application
- Conduct an inaugural student course, from which a number of potential future ATCN faculty can be identified. To be considered for an ATCN faculty position, an ATCN student must demonstrate a superior understanding of the content; have good teaching skills, a desire to teach ATCN and to educate future trauma nurses. Only one course director may be checked off in an inaugural program, once the course director has been checked off this course director may check off future instructor candidates and course director candidates.
- Following the inaugural student course, you will need to schedule an ATCN faculty course. The ATCN faculty course runs independently from the ATLS program. In some instances the faculty course is conducted immediately following the student course (with a 1 day break between courses to allow the faculty course participant’s time to prepare). In other cases, the faculty course is conducted several weeks or a few months later. The timing is dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to, the expenses related to bringing in national faculty to teach, the availability of space and availability of the participants.
- After the faculty course has been conducted the participants are considered faculty candidates. The new faculty candidates are monitored at the next student course they teach in. After successfully teaching in their first course, they are permitted to teach in future courses.